1914.05.04: REPEATS MURDER THREAT



May 4, 1914

REPEATS MURDER THREAT

Marie Ganz Will Kill Rockefeller Unless He Acts in Colorado Affair.


(Special to The Times-Dispatch.)



New York, May 3—Still uttering threats against the life of John D. Rockefeller, Jr., Marie Ganz was arraigned in Tombs Police Court today and released In cash bail for examination tomorrow. Harold Spielberg, counsel for the woman, declared after adjournment of the case that he intended to demand the appearance of John D. Rockefeller, Jr., in court tomorrow as the prosecution witness. The complaint which is sworn to by Detective Ettinger is based on the stenographic minutes of the meeting held in Mulberry Bend Park on May 1, during which Marie Ganz is alleged to have said:



"Yesterday I was up at the office of John D. Rockefeller, Jr., and if I would have got that ____ ____ ____ I would have shot him like a dog. If he is not going to stop this slaughter, then he can just run to his father's home, for at the first chance I get I will land him with a bullet."



Further along, Marie Ganz is quoted with having said:



“I want you all to get into action and protest, not with words, but with dynamite.”



Lawyer Spielberg contends that in a recent ruling by the Appellate Division of the Supreme Court it was decided that a man against who a threat has been made must personally appear as the complainant.



“I said, and I repeat it now, that if Rockefeller does not arbitrate the situation in Colorado, he is a murderer, and I will kill him if I have a chance, be the outcome what it may.”

No comments:

Post a Comment